"It's almost like we saw a show together - but it was about each other."
Show & Tell taps the richest resource of an organization – the men and women who fill its ranks – to share personal ‘objects’ or talents that celebrate our diversity and amplify our commonality. The perfect retreat, training or orientation activity, Show & Tell sounds like what it is – a respectful and exciting forum in which participants have 5 minutes to present to their peers. With a little thought and preparation, we all have something to hold up in front each other that says “this is a part of me you probably didn’t know about!”
For a couple of minutes, Show & Tell puts the backstory of a person up front.
Where Show & Tell fits in:
• board and staff retreats
• diversity programs & training
• team building
• leadership programs & management training
• workplace harassment awareness
• new recruit orientations
• summits, workshops, conferences
• to spark brainstorming sessions
• perfect for extended brown-bag lunches or after work gatherings
Peer-to-peer appreciation | A deeper respect for differences
Show & Tell brings a new appreciation of who we are to each other, by shedding light on a more nuanced aspect ourselves. It allows us to break from regular convention and make room for the most basic form of storytelling – oral, spontaneous, eye-to-eye. Show & Tell puts each person inside their own special context for a few minutes. A rare picture, a watch, a mask from Thailand — objects we cherish can help people learn about who we are and what makes us tick. And from that understanding, there’s greater potential for things to grow between us – like admiration, acceptance, compassion and understanding.
• Show & Tell is a hosted event, where the host interviews each participant with pre-qualified questions, and facilitates overall event flow, audience questions, and debrief activities.
• Each participant prepares ( in advance of day) a 5-minute presentation of an heirloom, personal artifact, family recipe or distinct hobby. ( NO ppt’s) An on-line intake process makes this easy.
• The program can be centered around a theme or be general. Themes can cover specific messaging significant to a larger agenda: diversity – travel – family – global issues – arts & culture – history
• Everyone participates.
• Debrief activities to ignite conversation around what was learned, what was surprising, what was memorable, etc.
• Presentations can be filmed for a final montage of Show & Tell that captures the best moments of each presentation.
• Anywhere between 10 – 40 participants per session (breakout sessions for groups larger than 40)
• C- level / VP’s / Managers / Staff / Board Members / Committee Members / Sales Teams
• Fully scaleable and customizable
• 2 hours in length depending upon number of people (can extend time depending on extent of breakouts and debrief activities)
Cost: (not including travel expenses for facilitators)
Per participant. We customize each program, working within your budget whenever possible.
Videography service (raw footage delivered)
Video montage edit (branded with company logo, featuring ‘best of’ moments)